Baron Strategic Services provides pooled sales audits.
Since early 2000 the company has processed data for the Australian animal health industry audit This involves collecting, processing and reporting sales data for the major animal health and veterinary pharmaceutical companies which collectively account for more than 85% of the entire animal health market.
It operates a similar audit for the New Zealand animal health industry and for the Australian pet food market through non-supermarket channels.
These reports are a valuable tool for business planning and assessing performance.
This is how they operate:
- Data is received monthly from company IT or accounts departments as part of month end processing.
- Data is checked thoroughly prior to processing and reporting.
- Data is processed and converted into reports in the agreed format.
- Electronic reports are supplied to data contributors.
- Market sizes and shares are reported as designated by participants.
- Where approved, reports include sales by SKU.
- Costs are shared by all participants.
- Capacity to generate additional information eg distributor information, rep territory analysis.
Reports are provided in several formats, some of which require proprietary software.
Participants in the Australian and New Zealand animal health audits receive reports in PDF format in addition to other options. To view a sample Animal Health Industry Audit report click on the following link. (You will need Acrobat Reader.) Once you have selected a report eg Market Sales x Value, use bookmarks to navigate your way around the report.